Autel Scanner MaxiSys 906BT
MODEL :- MS906BT
MaxiSys MS906BT is the latest addition to the MaxiSys product line of advanced wireless diagnostic devices. The device is based on the Android operating system featured with the best possible coverage of OE-level diagnostics and ECU coding capability. Utilizing the powerful Exynos 5260 6-core processor (1.3 GHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 + 1.7 GHz dual-core ARM Cortex-A15), an 8” capacitive HD touch screen, and long-distance wireless communication, the MaxiSys MS906BT efficiently provides comprehensive vehicle diagnostics and analysis.
- Extraordinarily powerful Samsung Exynos Hexa-core processor
- 10” 1024×768 LED-backlit glossy Multi-Touch capacitive display with IPS technology for ultra-mobility
- Internal reliable 32GB SSD for better performance
- Built-in 8-megapixel rear camera with autofocus and flashlight
- 11b/g/n Wi-Fi to access your favorite web resources
- Unique ergonomic design with rubberized outer protection and a rugged internal housing
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-polymer battery for up to 14 hours of continuous operation
- USB, audio and auxiliary ports make it easy to connect accessories
- Open source Android Operating System for fast boot-up and multitasking
- Easy and intuitive navigation makes finding what you need simple and fast
- The most extensive complete system coverage for more than 80 US, Asian and European makes and models
- Exceptional OE-Level functionality from comprehensive OBDII diagnostics & services to advanced ECU coding
- Complete capabilities for codes, live data, active test, ECU information, adaptation, matching, coding etc.
- Smart AutoVIN technology for identifying vehicle easily
- Automatic system and software updates with real-time push message notifications via internet
- Instant remote control tech support anytime, anywhere
- Cloud-based MaxiFix online community provides a vast database of diagnostic and repair tips and proven filed fixes
- Interactive Data Logging sessions enable direct contact with Autel Technical Support for first-hand troubleshooting of diagnostic bugs and errors
- One-stop multitasking designed for ideal management of workshop operations to keep all data files, customer info, and vehicle records well organized
- Enhanced wireless BT connectivity between the display tablet and VCI device allows greater mobility and ease at work
- Convenient data management system for managing internal program applications and reviewing data
Extensive Vehicle Coverage
One of the most important features that mechanics and technicians look for in a scanner is its vehicle coverage. The Autel MS906 car scanner has excellent vehicle coverage of more than 80 car manufacturers around the globe. This is an extensive coverage and great for people who deal with different car brands and models from Europe, Asia, and domestic. Some of the car brands covered include BMW, Honda, Benz, Nissan, GM, Fiat, Kia, Porsche, Subaru, Toyota, Hyundai, Bugatti, Dodge, Jaguar, PSA, AUDI, etc. In this Autel MS906 review, I have added most of the supported Vehicles name(Check above table).
Apart from covering many vehicle brands and models, this scan tool as well performs a wide range of functions. Furthermore, the scanner not only supports full system but as carries out special functions such as SRS, ABS, DPF, Oil Reset, Sass, EPB, TPMS, etc. The Autel Maxisys MS906 performs advanced vehicle diagnostics and analysis like actuation tests, live data view, adaptations, and additional dedicated services like program modules, fob programming, injector coding, ECU coding, etc.
One of the distinctive features of the MS906 scanner is its large 8.0-inch display color touchscreen. The screen comes with a resolution of around 1024p x 768p, which makes it be one of the clearest scanners on the market. The outstanding clarity makes reading and erasing of data codes to be easy even in different lighting conditions. Moreover, the device features navigational buttons that are shown on the display screen and are easy to use. There are no physical buttons to press.
Large Storage Space
Some scanners on the market usually come with small storage space. This is not the case with the Autel MS906 diagnostic scanner as it comes with an internal memory of 32GB. This is sufficient for storing diagnostic information that you record on your vehicle or the client’s vehicles. When the storage is full, you can as well transfer the info to the PC.
The scan tool is based on the Android operating system and Exynos 5260 6-core processor (1.3 GHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 + 1.7 GHz dual-core ARM Cortex-A15). These ensure that it is very fast and you can connect the device to Wi-Fi in order to update the software. Alternatively, you can connect the scanner directly to a PC using the USB cable for upgrades or transfer of data recorded. If you are a busy mechanic and need a fasted scanner, then take a look at the Maxisys Elite. The Autel Maxisys Elite has 4 Quad-Core and 1.8HGz Processor which is faster than the MS906.
This is one of the easiest diagnostic car scanners to use as it is very clear and straightforward. Thanks to its intuitive navigation that makes finding what you want on the device to be a breeze.
One of the challenges that mechanics face when diagnosing vehicles is working on a dead vehicle. This is because many code readers rely on the car’s battery and if it runs out, nothing can be done about it. But with this scanner, it has its own battery that is capable of powering on the device for long hours before having to be charged. So, if your car battery is dead, you can still go ahead and check the issue with your car.
Such a huge investment shouldn’t be handled carelessly. But again, no one knows what will happen in future as accidents occur. In case of an accident such as dropping the unit accidentally, you can worry less as it is sturdily made with a tamper-proof screen and it is tightly housed with a robust plastic material. So, it can withstand impact, and daily wear and tear.
Camera and Support
Another amazing feature of the MS906 diagnostic scan tool is its 8MP rear camera that comes with a flashlight particularly for capturing photos and uploading them online. These photos are then sent to an online community made up of Maxisys MS906 owners and technicians who are capable of fixing any issue with your car as seen in the photos. Additionally, if you have a peculiar car issue, the community will give you solutions o your problem.
4-mode Data Interpretation
After diagnosing the data with the Autel MS906 scanner, you can analyze it in 4 different ways. You can read it on screen or get a paper copy using a printer. The data remains kept in the gadget and you can play it back at any time in the future or transfer and delete it.
Technical Specifications :
|Operating System||Android™ 4.4.2, KitKat|
|Processor||Samsung Exynos T5260 6-Core Processor (1.3 GHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 + 1.7 GHz dual-core ARM Cortex-A15)|
|Memory||2 GB RAM & 32 GB ROM|
|Display||8.0″ LED capacitive touch screen with 1024x768P resolution|
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), USB: 2.0, Mini USB 2.0, Wireless BT V2.1+EDR, Class1, HDMI 1.4a, SD Card (support up to 32 GB)|
|Camera (rear)||Rear-facing, 8.0 Megapixel, AF with Flashlight|
|Sensors||Gravity Accelerometer, Ambient Light Sensor (ALS)|
|Audio Input/Output||Microphone, Single Speaker, 3-Band 3.5 mm stereo/standard headset jack|
|Power and Battery||10,000 mAh 3.7 V lithium-polymer battery, Charging via 12 V AC/DC power supply|
|Input Voltage||12 V (9-35 V)|
|Power Consumption||5 W|
|Operating Temperature||-10 to 55°C (14 to 131°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20 to 70°C (-4 to 158°F)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||270.8 mm (10.0”) x 176.0 mm (6.9”) x 36.0 mm (1.4”)|
|Weight||NW: 1.05 kg (2.3lb.)|